Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Delightful Husband


I promise I have not forgotten about this! I have just had a busy few months (see this video for details- Aaron&Laura). Besides changing my last name, I have been planting flowers and starting my first garden. I am so excited to see how it turns out, however I am very inexperienced with garden starting, so we will see. . . I have read several books lately (see Fresh Reads) that have renewed my love for food, cooking, and shopping local. Oh to have a fresh market I could shop in daily! I have been loving cooking for my husband and trying new dishes out on him.
He is very forgiving and willing to try anything I prepare. So far our only disaster has been rhubarb bread. I brought some rhubarb home from Billings and decided to make a bread Aaron could take to work for breakfast. However, little did I know Aaron did not know what rhubarb was or what it tasted like. Apparently he was so appalled by the flavor of the rhubarb that he seriously was concerned that I was going to bring it to work and share with others! I hear about that "horrible" bread weekly and I only wish we could have had another taster to see how bad it really was. I personally thought it was delicious!

This past weekend we drove to Red Lodge, MT to spend July 4th with my family. My dad and brother caught six trout the first day, so we enjoyed a true Montana dinner of grilled fish, corn on the cob, salad, and roasted red potatoes. I loved the taste of being in the mountains and eating the freshest food possible!

As far as this blog goes, I am processing ideas of what to focus on- searching for my niche! I am interested to see what this summer and it's food produce here. Be sure to check out all of the blogs I am following. There are some great food sites out there! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails