Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving- Pumpkin Recipes



Happy Thanksgiving! I am very thankful to be with my family in Montana for Thanksgiving. After a 12 hour care ride we are ready to relax, play games, eat and visit. Tomorrow will be a busy day of cooking and eating!

I have been making pumpkin recipes all fall as I had 3-4 small pumpkins that I roasted and pureed. I decided to share a list of some of the recipes I have been trying along with the tweeks that I did to each one. I hope you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends and lot of delicious food!

Red Lentil Pumpkin Soup
(I did not puree mine because I wanted the texture from the lentils. Otherwise, this soup was flavorful and perfect for a fall meal)

Pumpkin Coconut Soup

Pumpkin Ice Cream
(WSU where I went to college had an onsite creamery and every year I would specifically go there for pumpkin ice cream. This one is almost as good!)

Pumpkin Scones
( I used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white flour; I also had enough of the first glaze that I just added the spice glaze ingredients to the leftovers and did not even make the second glaze batch)

Marbled Pumpkin Bread
(this calls for butternut squash, but I used pumpkin instead. I also used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white)

Honey Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin Butter

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

Pumpkin Waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails